Sporting Lisbon midfielder Nuno Mendes has dismissed talks of his potential exit from the club after being linked with a number of big clubs across Europe. The Portugal international midfielder has said that he is instead focused on helping his club achieve their objectives this season instead of focusing on the transfer rumors that have been surrounding his future recently. His fine performances for his club this season have seen him attract interest from top clubs in the Spanish La Liga, the Italian Serie A, and in the English Premier League as well.
The 18-year-old midfielder has enjoyed a fantastic campaign so far that has seen him earn a first international call-up to the Portuguese national team for which he recently made his international debut in his country’s 1-0 victory over Azerbaijan in their World Cup Qualifying fixture on Wednesday.
It is believed by the Sporting fans that they may not be seeing one of their key players at the club next season and some of them are already preparing for life after the young midfielder who could be snapped up by one of the top teams he has been linked to.
But some good news about the rumors is that he has come out to publicly declare his love for Sporting, and said he wants to focus on playing for the club that has given him ‘everything’ and also build up on his personal developments.